The Victorian Beekeeping Clubs Conference was developed in;
1. Response to the changing face of beekeeping and increasing demand from recreational, sideline and part-time beekeepers to be able to access high quality, flexible and professional education opportunities; and
2. Recognition of the challenges facing beekeepers in adequately responding to the needs of recreational, sideline and part-time beekeepers;
The Victorian Beekeeping Clubs Conference was developed in 2018 to respond to these needs by offering flexibility in its weekend delivery, opportunities to engage and connect with like- minded beekeepers from across the state and the provision of customised and quality content.
To deliver an annual Victorian Beekeeping Club Conference that:
1. Delivers high quality, flexible and professional education for beekeepers;
2. Provides networking and engagement opportunities for beekeeping delegates
from across the State;
3. Supports Agriculture Victoria’s access beekeeping clubs to deliver biosecurity
awareness on honey bee pests and diseases;
4. Delivers content that is customised to meet the needs of the recreational, sideline and part-time beekeeping audience; and
5. Fosters on-going collaborative working relationships with Victorian Beekeeping Clubs.
The Beekeepers Club Inc. is the lead host beekeeping club for the 2019 Conference. The Beekeepers Club Inc. is the largest recreational club in Victoria with a member base of 360+